Section: Squash (1)
Updated: 14 September 2015
squash - compress and decompress files
squash [OPTION]… INPUT [OUTPUT]
squash is a command line utility which to compress and
decompress data using any codec which libsquash supports. For
a list of codecs supported by this copy of libsquash, see
An input file must be provided, although "-" can be used as an alias for stdin.
If no output file is provided then squash will attempt to
guess an appropriate file name based on the requested
codec and the name of the input file.
- Print version information and exit
- Show help screen
- Keep the input file. By default, squash will try to remove it.
- Pass the specified option to the codec.
-1 … -9
- Pass the compression level to the encoder. This is equivalent to -o level=N.
- Use codec.
- List the available codecs and exit.
- List the available plugins and exit.
- Overwrite the output file if it exists.
- Decompress (the default is to compress).
squash, and this manual page, was was written by Evan Nemerson <email@example.com